Saturday, July 24, 2010

Walking in the Light

I like The Light. It is bright, warm, inviting, illuminating. I can see where I am going, I can look back and have a clear picture where I have been. It shows me the way and guides me away. I am so grateful for The Light.

So, why do I choose to spend so much time in the dark?

I have been a Christian since I was 14 years old. I love the Lord so much! I have never doubted my Salvation, never wondered if it "took". I have known from the moment He stepped into my life that I was redeemed. It's not the Salvation that is the problem...it's the living!

"Prone to wander, Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love."

I admit it. I am a "wanderer".

I will have periods of my life when the fellowship between God and I is so sweet! I am walking in the light, I am in tune with my Savior and life makes sense.

But then, I get distracted.

I get worried and consumed by the cares of this world. It's not an accident this happens, it's a choice I make. I expend a lot of energy worrying and fretting when the answer is right in front of my face. Next thing I know, I am in the dark searching for the light switch.

This morning I was reading 1 John 1:6

"If we claim to have fellowship with Him, yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth."

Me? A liar? Ouch!

I know God's heart is for me to always be with Him; mind, body, spirit. I also know that he gives me the choice to make that happen. I love Him for this. He loves me so much He wants me to choose HIM!

I don't want to walk in the dark any more. I want to walk in the Light. I want to be all I can through Him and let the cares and worries of the world take a back seat.

There is so much waiting for me in The Light!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part of this one? "I'm a wanderer". If we would just admit it like that...then we can be totally honest with the Lord. We can pray that He puts up hedges for us that we see and stay on the right side. OH Lord, how we have wandered. Please protect us from going astray! Hugs JESS!!

    ReplyDelete