Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Long and Winding Road...

I am not losing weight as quickly as I want to. I don't know what I think quick is...but I know it isn't what is going on with me at this moment.

Diet-wise, I know I could be doing more. I have been very conscious of my intake-I am eating waaaaaaay less than I used to. I have also had some real success at avoiding the sweets and snacks that are all over the place at work. Every time I turn around there is a candy, cake or otherwise delectable treat doing an evil dance right in front of me. I hate that.

But beyond all that, I know it's going to take more than reducing the intake. I have to change what I eat and I don't want to. I really don't want to. I mean, lets be honest here...who would take a salad over a delicious bowl of pasta? A CRAZY person that's who! And I am not crazy my friends. Okay, well, maybe a little.

The truth is: sacrifices are going to have to be made in order for me to get this monster-truck-sized spare tire off my otherwise petite frame.

I know I can't change everything overnight. My plan is to change one thing. Then once I am used to that, change another. If I am going to make a whole lifestyle change, I have to be deliberate about it and not try to overhaul everything. I need time to adjust and get used to the new way of life. Once I have some success...I will move on to the next. I will let you know how it goes.

"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there one day." ~A.A. Milne

No comments:

Post a Comment