Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Fragile Peace

Today I went to work so...cheerful. Happy. Feeling blessed and chipper. All was right in my world---I was at peace.

Then...

The work day began to creep in. Stress. Drama. Issues. It did not take long for the pressures of the day to take its toll on my chipper demeanor.

By noon, I was a grump-a-saurus. By three, I was fried. By five, I was at home and had made a nest in my bed.

My peace was a passing thing. I had it---but then it was gone. My peace is so....fragile.

I want to be a strong woman. I want to do the right thing, serve God, rock the free world and do it all with a swing in my step and a song in my heart. Here is my reality check...1) I am human and 2) I let the outside world affect my inside peace.

There is no place in my life for anyone or anything else but God. If I am putting Him first and setting aside me...my peace is no longer fragile....IT'S POWERFUL.

How much stronger am I when I let God take control? How much more of a servant am I when I allow Him to work through me? How much more rockin' am I when I am dancing to my Savior's beat and not to my own? Where there is peace and power there is a spring in the step and a song in the heart. This much I know.

Its amazing what removing a little food, taking some time to think and really focusing on what is important can do.

Viva La Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment