Sunday, April 18, 2010

Nothing Has the Power to Save....

I have been thinking a lot about my now, non-existent diet. Honestly, I am irritated and embarrassed with myself. I mean, who announces to the world that they are going to lose all this weight, start a blog and then.....

DOES NOTHING!!!

Uh...that would be me.

I am still trying. Sort of. I am still trying to make good choices, and stay away from the sweets but I have never met a piece of pizza that I can say no to. So, since I have nothing good to say about my diet at the moment, I am going to focus on something else. God.

I feel that I have marginalized God in my life. I feel as though I have taken my life back from Him this past year. I am not gonna lie, it has been a really rough 10 months or so. Newlywed, blended family, moving, teenager issues, unemployment, personal disappointment and unhappiness with my job. So much in my life felt so wrong for so long! I just kinda stopped giving it to God. I took it away from Him to "handle" for myself. Yeah, that was an EPIC mistake.

Will I ever learn that I cannot do this myself? Will I ever stop taking God from His rightful place on the throne of my life and just follow?

One of the things I love about Jesus is that He is so gentle with me. He is no bully! He doesn't butt his way into my life. He just lets me flounder around until I am sick of myself and exhausted from a futile battle. So, here I am again...on my face...begging Jesus to rescue me from my greatest enemy: ME!

I am too smart to make some grand proclamation of never straying again...I know better. I do love Jesus and the more I cling to that rather than leaning on my own understanding the better things will be. I have hope...

Now, if only I could a handle on that little problem I have with pizza....


No comments:

Post a Comment